Ah Brooklyn Brooklyn take me in
Are you aware the shape im in
My hands they shake my head it spins [x]
(Źródło: schwarzbrot, via ghostofpatroclus)
Come on,Rogers,move it!
guys, remember how i can make everything about neuroscience? this scene, though. if steve’s hippocampus — that’s memory storage — is as super as the rest of him the way that the times square exhibit says…it’s actually not that far-fetched to conclude that when steve remembers something, he remembers it like this. like, this might not be an exaggeration. steve might be able to literally watch memories play out in front of him.
his nightmares must be horrible.
I love it when the serum is show to be both a blessing AND a curse for Steve. It makes sense that it would be. Yeah it mostly brings the good things for him but a lot of those good things have darker edges to them. Like having enhanced memory means he gets to remember every second of the war that he just barely survived with vivid clarity. His body’s healing abilities are amazing but does that mean that he actually ends up in surgery for longer because his body keeps healing itself before doctors are ready for it plus does anesthetic even work for him as well/at all since we know alcohol doesn’t. Also along with his bodies healing abilities what does that do for his aging. I believe in the comics he ages but at a much slower rate Is it the same for MCU Steve and how much has it been slowed down. Will he once again be faced with watching every one he knows die as they grow old while he doesn’t? Yeah the serum is a double edged sword and I wish the fandom would play with the darker aspects of it a bit more then they do. Or at least acknowledge them.
(Źródło: tirynsed, via ghostofpatroclus)
ok no but what if steve gets a call while he and sam and maybe natasha are searching for bucky and it’s the museum
"look, captain rogers, we dont want to start any trouble or anything but…"
"but we really must ask- did you take sergeant barnes’ uniform recently?"
#UGH GOD UR NOT GOOD AT THIS ACTING THING STOP #OKAY BECAUSE STOP ACTING WITH YOUR EYES #YOUR ENTIRE BODY LANGUAGE SHOWS ASSASSIN BUT YOUR EYES SHOW SCARED CHILD HE’S STILL BUCKY IN HIS EYES #SHOVE A KNIFE UP MY ASS #IT’LL HURT LESS (norocket)
It kills me that there are moments when the Winter Soldier is doing stuff that he has the eyes of someone who DESPERATELY wants off the ride. I’m not sure how aware of anything he is internally, but there are moments his eyes look horrified, like something in there is aware and has no clue how to stop what’s happening. They’re too wide. Too startled. Like someone being forced to do something at gun point. He does it several times in this scene, and he does it when he catches the shield after shooting Fury.
This really makes me think of the thing that SebStan said about WS: that he isn’t empty, his mind is all over the place.
It’s one thing I noticed on my rewatch, which was exactly how much he remembered in the chair scene, when he’s like “But I knew him.” He flashed back to the train, being pulled through the snow, the experimentation, the arm. He wasn’t robbed of his memories, he was robbed of their significance. And so, he has nothing to focus on except the mission.
#EVERYONE FUCK OFF #the threats have been cut but the threads are there #they are just loose #tangled #messed up #and there’s nothing for him to tie them with #he has no idea what all of it means #they’re clutter and they’re there and it’s endless noise and flashes and things he has no frame of reference for #and yet are there #and seeing steve is the first time#the first time in seventy years #that any of those threads tie together #and he still doesn’t know what it means but it means /something/ #and it is too important to let it go #a small fragment of clarity amongst the black #god #someone save bucky barnes #the tragedy of bucky barnes (via ink-phoenix)
(Źródło: stevensbarnes, via ghostofpatroclus)
whatever you do, don’t imagine your favorite character in an oversized sweater. it’s too late for me. tell my family I love th
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
Sebastian Stan going from the cutest to the hottest bastard in approximately two seconds (x)
(Źródło: samsangel, via ghostofpatroclus)